Hi! I’m Thora and I’m prepared to be your custom employment consultant.
And like you, I’m autistic. My story may sound familiar to you:
I start every job with high hopes that “maybe this will be the one where I fit in.” And after about a year of masking and trying so hard to be part of the team, I get exhausted and can’t keep up the mask. That’s when people begin to treat me poorly and oust me from team activities and conversations. This usually lasts a few weeks or months before either I can’t manage to stay there or I get fired for some small reason or other (when you and I know that it’s just because I’m different).
The silver lining to this perpetual cycle is that I continue to get better at finding and landing a new job. I’m never out of work if I don’t want to be. And having been a hiring manager for almost 20 years, I know all the secrets of job hunting and I’d love to share them with you. Including:
● How to make your resume stand out in 6 seconds!
● How to know which jobs to apply for and which ones to avoid!
● How to approach your application with style and professionalism!
● How to appear confident and composed in your interviews!
● How to negotiate salary so you get paid what you’re worth!